1 person made this
About this recipe:
There's so much you can change when you make your own granola. This is my version...... Experiment!
180g old-fashioned oats
4 tbsp maple syrup (or sugar or honey)
4 tbsp melted coconut oil (or olive oil, veg oil or melted butter)
Nuts - 8 tbsp whole pecans and 8 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
Seeds and fruit - 8 tbsp shredded coconut, 8 tbsp raisins, 8 tbsp dried cherries, 4 tbsp sunflower seeds, 4 tbsp linseed seed mix
pinch of salt
Flavouring - 1 tsp vanilla extract (or coconut or almond)
Spice - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or ginger)
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, nuts and all dry ingredients except fruit.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the oil, syrup and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together so that everything is moistened.
- Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet and bake until golden brown - about 20 to 25 mins. Stir every 10 mins for a fine granola.
- Add dried fruit during the last 10 mins of baking. Shredded coconut burns easily so you can reduce the oven temp to 170C to be safe.
- Let mixture cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.
For clumpy granola, increase the amount of oil and maple syrup to 5 tbsp each and do not stir during baking. Break into clumps after granola has cooled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate