Delicious Banana Muffins
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g (2 1/2 oz) butter, melted
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Spoon evenly into baking cases in muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly tapped.
Used different ingredients. I used 6 small over ripe bananas, 50g of oats so reduced the flour, added cinnamon 1 1/2tsp and nutmeg 1/4tsp it made 17 muffins and the mix was really moist - 19 Apr 2009
Gorgeous and kids loved them. Ive made 4 batches now - once used SR flour and left out baking powder and Bicarb - once put in cinnammon. They are that easy to make i've made them before kids got up and they've had them for breakfast (and please note i am NO Baker lol ) - 06 Jul 2012
Altered ingredient amounts. I used wholemeal plain flour, for a more filling, healthier option, and added a few drops of vanilla essence. - 04 Jul 2011