- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking oil then spread the potato wedges out evenly over the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until tender and golden brown. You will add the burgers to cook alongside the wedges in the oven shortly.
- Place the pork mince, breadcrumbs and apple puree into a large mixing bowl along with the oregano, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco® and mix well with the hands.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with cooking oil then add the onions and cook and stir until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add to the pork mixture along with the seasoning and mix well to combine all of the ingredients and then form into 6 burgers.
- Place the burgers onto a baking tray with a grill rack on it or one sprayed with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Bake in the preheated oven, together with the potato wedges, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done to your taste, turning halfway through for even cooking. The wedges are done when they are tender and golden brown. Remove the burgers and wedges from the oven.
- Lightly toast the bread buns and spoon over a little ketchup, or condiment of your liking, place the burger on top and serve with a handful of mixed salad and the wedges on the side.
You could also serve with coleslaw on the burgers or lettuce, tomato and crispy bacon on the burger to make a bacon burger. This mixture can also be made into meatballs and served in a tomato sauce with pasta.
If you like your burgers a little bigger, form the pork mixture into four burgers instead of six. Larger burgers may need a little more time to cook, so be aware of that when cooking your wedges alongside.