1 person made this
About this recipe:
These cookies are perfect for any occasion, not just Easter. Great for decorating with ribbon or writing icing.
Makes: 12 Easter cookies
For the icing
50g butter or margarine
50g caster sugar
125g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or cinnamon (optional)
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the icing
5 tablespoons water
10 tablespoons icing sugar
Extra time:30min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a baking tray.
For the biscuits:
- Mix together the butter and sugar until it is pale and creamy. Add the flour and spices if using them and mix well. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Cover the workspace with a light dusting of flour and roll out the dough to about a 1cm thickness. Cut out different shapes with your cookie cutters. Arrange on the prepared baking tray.
- Place them on a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
For the icing:
- Mix together the water and icing sugar, you can double the amounts if you want more icing.
- Spread the icing on the cookies once they have cooled. When the icing dries you can decorate them with writing icing.
Before they go in the oven you can poke a hole through the top so that when they come out and have cooled you can decorate it with ribbon. Store in an airtight container.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate