1 / 1 Picture by: Mrs. Sweet Pea
Apple and cinnamon warmer
- 10 cm (4 in) cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 1 litre (1 pint 15 fl oz) unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 25 g (1 oz) raisins
- 1 small dessert apple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Prep:1hr5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Tie the cinnamon stick and cloves in a small piece of muslin to make a spice bag.
- Mix the apple juice, honey and raisins together in a large saucepan, add the spice bag and leave for 1 hour to allow the raisins to soften.
- Peel, core and cut the apple into four rings. Put the pan of juice over a low heat, add the apple rings and simmer, without letting the mixture boil, for 20 minutes, or until the apples are just tender.
- Remove from the heat, discard the spice bag and stir in the lemon juice. Place an apple ring in each tumbler and pour in the hot drink, making sure you place a teaspoon into each tumbler first to absorb the heat and prevent the glass from cracking. Serve piping hot.
- Variation: Calvados or brandy can be added to give a spirited kick.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!