1 / 1
7 people made this
About this recipe:
A delicious fruit butter to spread on warm bread, toast or scones, or use it to sandwich a sponge cake. A lovely way to preserve the flavour of local plums for enjoyment year-round.
Makes: 3 (300ml) jars
2kg plums, stones removed and diced
200g granulated sugar
Extra time:14hr ›
- Place plums in a large, deep pan. Add a little bit of water to prevent burning. Heat over very low heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once plums have cooked down, remove from heat and set aside for 2 hours.
- Place pan back over low heat and cook gently for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from heat and set aside overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, place the pan back over low heat. Cook gently for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Add sugar and simmer for 15 minutes, till thickened.
- Ladle into sterilised jars and seal.
How to sterilise jars
Learn how to sterilise jars two ways with our handy step-by-step guide and video.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate