1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
3 people made this
About this recipe:
This simple Italian dish is packed with chicken, peppers, mushrooms and herbs for a satisfying one pot meal. Use a variety of chicken thighs and drumsticks if it's easier for you.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 whole roasting chicken, cut in quarters
1 large onion, sliced
225g fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 pinch salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, sliced
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes, or to taste
250ml tomato passata or sieved tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 red peppers, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / Gas 4.
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole pot over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned on the outside. Remove to a bowl to capture the juices.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms; cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, rosemary, chilli flakes, oregano, tomato passata and water.
- Place chicken pieces and any juices that have accumulated in the bowl on top of the cooked onions and mushrooms. Add more salt and pepper. Place pepper slices on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate