1 / 1 Picture by:
Easy curry sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 4 black cardamom pods
- 2 tsp chicken or vegetable stock granules
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 4 bay leaves
- 500g passata
- 2-3 tbsp Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- oil for frying
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Extra time:50min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Fry onions in oil on low-medium heat until tender, adding cumin, ground coriander, fenugreek, turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder at the end. (If using fresh garlic and ginger add this now.)
- Add passata, bay leaves, stock granules, cardamom and garlic and ginger paste, stir and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in Greek yoghurt and simmer for a further 10 minutes or so. Serve and enjoy!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!