- Preheat the oven to highest setting.
- Sieve flour into a bowl. Separately whisk egg, add water and milk, then combine with flour and whisk all together until light and creamy. Season to taste.
- Coat a Yorkshire pudding tin with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil (if multiplying recipe it is 1 teaspoon per pudding). When oven is at maximum temperature, place tray with oil in the oven for 20 minutes to get hot.
- After 20 minutes remove from the oven and pour in the batter (be careful as it will sizzle and possibly spatter).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Avoid opening the door until the time is up.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a delicious Sunday roast or as a twist with ice cream for a dessert!
Simply multiply the recipe per person, ensure oil is very hot and avoid opening the oven door once inside!
If cooking a roast, you can use the dripping from the meat instead of the vegetable oil to infuse a little more flavour into the Yorkshire pudding. If making the Yorkshire pudding as a dessert, as mentioned, use the vegetable oil.