1 person made this
About this recipe:
These are just simple spelt muffins that take mere minutes to make. They come out of the oven light and airy and are perfect enjoyed warm with lashings of butter.
Makes: 1 dozen
250g spelt flour
75g caster sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
60ml vegetable oil
60ml melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a measuring jug, combine the milk, oil and melted butter. Add the egg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold together gently till just combined; do not overmix. Spoon into muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with additional sugar, if liked.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove muffins from tin immediately.
Instead of half oil, half butter, you can use 120ml of either just oil or just butter.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate