1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a great recipe for the whole family to do! This Victoria sandwich takes about 1 hour to make all together, including cooling time.
Makes: 1 Victoria sandwich
200g butter or margarine, softened
200g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
raspberry or strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease 2 Victoria sandwich tins with butter, then line with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, baking powder and vanilla until it becomes a soft dropping mixture. You can use a wooden spoon or an electric whisk.
- Now divide the mixture evenly into the tins and place on the middle shelf in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Once golden brown take them out and place on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled beat the jam in a mixing bowl until smooth and runny and place on one of the sponges, then add on the other sponge. Enjoy!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate