Extra time:2hr chilling ›
- Pour cream into a saucepan and heat gently.
- Break chocolate into pieces in a glass bowl. Add any desired flavourings (see footnote).
- Pour the heated cream into glass bowl with chocolate. Stir till chocolate is melted.
- Put Oreos into a plastic bag and with a rolling pin crush them. Add to chocolate-cream mix. Put into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Get your desired coatings ready on separate plates. With a little oil on your hands roll a teaspoon sized ball of the truffle mixture. Drop into coating and roll to coat. Store in fridge. They make lovely gifts for any time of the year.
If the mixture is too soft after it comes out the fridge you can always add crushed almonds to mixture. Always ensure to say there are nuts in your truffles in case someone has an allergy.
Flavour the mixture with any sort of extract you like - vanilla, orange, strawberry, etc. - or add a liqueur, like Tia Maria.
For a different take on the recipe, you can replace Oreos with crushed digestives.