Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Best if dipped in melted milk chocolate.
110g unsalted butter
125g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and water. Bring to the boil over a medium to high heat.
- Remove from heat and add the flour and stir with a spoon to combine. The mixture will thicken and start to resemble the texture of mashed potatoes.
- Leave the dough in the saucepan, but beat it on a low speed with a hand held mixer, adding one egg at a time, mixing well before adding another.
- After adding each egg, the mixture will become wet and glossy, but after mixing on a high speed for a few seconds it will thicken again.
- when all the eggs are combined, add the vanilla. The dough will be thick and starchy (still with a similar texture to mashed potato).
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Lightly grease some grease proof paper and put on a baking tray.
- Pipe 10cm rows of the dough with at least 2cms between each churro.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, and when a tooth pick comes out clean.
- In your container, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray the churros lightly with cooking spray, and one at a time transfer them to your container and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate