- into warm water dissolve 1 low salt stock cube (chose your flavour!)
- warm your milk and add to stock (IMPORTANT warm your liquid so your coconut oil (or animal fat if you are using) doesn't solidify and mixes evenly and not too hot so you don't cook your eggs)
- add your 2 beaten eggs and whisk
- in a large bowl combine your stock/milk/egg mixture to your melted coconut oil
- add your flour and cheese and mix well
- flour your board, the dough is very sticky, you will need more than one dusting of flour, roll out to 10mm thickness and either use small cutter or cut into 2cm squares. 10p piece is for size comparison :)
- place on cookie trays and bake for 35 - 40 mins at 170 / 325 / gas mark 3
- cool on wire rack and store in a sealed container.
This recipe made 300, yes hundred, of this size treat, I kept a small amount out in a tub and froze the rest. Bear is a Jack Russell Terrier, so just the right size for her, the Labs, well they are a different story! I don't know a dog that doesn't eat cheese but if yours is one I haven't met then feel free to omit, the stock cube can be any flavour just ensure it's a low sodium variety.