- Quickly brown your steak in the oil. Once browned, add onions and cook until soft.
- Add flour to the pan and stir to make a roux, cooking and stirring for a couple of minutes. Pour in beef stock and add the parsley, thyme and garlic powder. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
- When ready to make the pie, transfer the steak mixture from the slow cooker to an ovenproof dish and place pastry on top. Score pastry and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 20 minutes, or till pastry is golden.
Carrots or other veg could be added, too!
To save time, make a lid for your pie by cutting a piece of puff pastry to the size and shape of your serving dish. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and bake till golden according to packet instructions. When ready to serve, transfer the steak mixture from the slow cooker to the serving dish, then place the baked lid on top!