- Prepare the chops: With a sharp knife, make a horizontal slit in the fat side of each pork chop without cutting all the way through. Gently open out into a pocket through the meat.
- Add the stuffing: Mix the cheese with the lemon zest, then tuck this into the pocket of each chop, pressing the meat back over firmly to enclose.
- Cook the chops: Brush the pork chops lightly with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan until hot, then reduce the heat to medium and add the chops. Fry over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until golden and evenly cooked. Sprinkle the rosemary over the chops and turn them once or twice to coat.
- Cook the spinach: Remove the chops and keep them warm, then add the spinach to the pan and stir until just wilted. Divide the spinach among four serving plates.
- Serve: Add a pork chop to each serving, then sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
*For Roquefort, use Gorgonzola or Dolcelatte. *For pork, use veal chops. *For Roquefort and lemon, try other combinations such as: Brie or Camembert with 1 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce; Cheddar cheese with 1 tbsp fruity relish; Ricotta cheese with 15g chopped fresh basil leaves; Crumbled feta cheese with 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme.
Take care not to overcook the chops or they may become dry.