Garlic Chicken in Puff Pastry
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 ready prepared frozen puff pastry sheets
- For the garlic butter
- 80g (3 oz) butter
- 2½ teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped parsley
- For the creamy garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
- Mix all the garlic butter ingredients together into a smooth consistency.
- Spoon evenly onto each chicken breast and fold end of chicken over to cover.
- Wrap the chicken breast in puff pastry and cook in preheated oven for 40 mins.
- About 10 minutes before chicken is cooked, prepare the garlic sauce.
- Melt the butter and garlic on a low heat in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the flour until it forms a paste. Return to a medium/high heat and add milk and parsley. Stir continuously until thick.
- When chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened, poor the sauce onto a plate and place the chicken puff on top of it.
Very nice, I added mushrooms, leek and grated cheese to the sauce as suggested, and baked in oven on a raised wire grill - 14 Sep 2011
This recipe was easy to make and delicious clean plates came back. I was especially surprised that my fussy son scoffed the lot and actually asked me to make it again the following night. Served it with crispy chipped potatoes and a rocket salad :D - 24 Jul 2012
Something else. Was very nice. To the white sauce I added some cooked mushrooms and a handful of grated cheese, just to give it a bit of extra flavour. The whole family loved it all, thanks. - 08 May 2010