- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh root ginger
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 175ml soured cream
- 1.5kg fresh spinach, torn
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander
- 250g paneer, cubed
- coarse sea salt to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- In a large saucepan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute garlic, 1/2 tablespoon of ginger, red chillies (optional ingredient) and onion until brown. Mix in the cumin, coriander, turmeric and soured cream (add more or less to achieve desired creaminess). Add the spinach, handfuls at a time until it is cooked down, about 15 minutes total. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour spinach mixture into a blender or food processor and add the tomato, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of ginger and coriander (add more or less according to taste). Blend for 15 to 30 seconds, or until the spinach is finely chopped. Pour back into the saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- In a medium frying pan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, and fry paneer until browned; drain and add to spinach. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Season with salt to taste.
Delicious! I just wanted to ask if this could be done in a slow cooker? (I'm lazy) - 05 Mar 2014
This recipe was gorgeous. Will be making it regularly. - 19 Oct 2011