- For the pastry
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 125g (4¼ oz) plain flour
- For the lemon filling
- 3 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar for dusting
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Process butter, 4 tablespoons icing sugar and 125g flour in food processor 10 seconds, or blend with pastry blender. Pat dough evenly into 23cm tart tin.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth; pour mixture over hot pastry case.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until firm. Let cool completely in tin. Dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 slices.
Something else. Instead of one large dish, i poured the mixture into a bunch of small tart shells - it turned out wonderfully! - 15 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Instead of pastry base try chocolate biscuit base. 200g of chocolate digestives (milk or dark) 110 g of melted butter (recipes always say unsalted but personally I like the slightly salted taste with chocolate especially when having with a tart flavour) Break biscuits into crumb (in blender or in a plastic bag and bash with rolling pin) add butter and press into bottem and up the sides of 23cm tart tin, bake for 8 mins in oven at 180oC gas mark 4, add filling as in recipe. A nice alternative for chocolate lovers - 20 Nov 2010
quick and easy to follow instructions. It says serve 6, but I ate half of it unfortunately. - 29 Aug 2010