1 / 1 Picture by: pomplemousse
Indian Saffron Rice
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 500ml boiling water, divided
- 30g butter
- 200g uncooked basmati rice, not rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Steep the saffron in 125ml boiling water.
- In a frying pan that can be tightly covered, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to absorb the butter and becomes opaque, but do not brown the rice.
- Quickly pour in the remaining boiling water along with the saffron water. Cover immediately, reduce heat to low, and cook 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. For best results, do not remove the lid while the rice is cooking.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!