White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 225g butter, softened
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 65g best quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 300g white chocolate chips
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dr Oetker make white chocolate chips, but if you cannot find them, use a white chocolate bar and chop it into little pieces.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Chocolate chip cookie video
Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time!
I love this recipe and use it often. These cookies are so good, they are requested alot! Just a few tips... *The dough seems sticky, but stay with it, they do work. *Don't be tempted to grease the tray, they WILL turn to mush! If you don't have a non stick tray then use baking paper instead. *They also spread out quite a bit when cooking. - 08 Jan 2012
Right, I'm 15, and I've never really done anything like this. And, for a first try, they came out perfectly, I didn't use Chocolate Chips, I bought 300g of white, and milk chocolate *150g of each* and, everyone loved them. Simple, Tasty, and I got 24 out of the mix. A great recipe. I would recommend it to anyone. - 04 Jul 2012
Used different ingredients. I add 100gms of White chocolate chips, 100gms of milk and 100gs of Dark chocolate chips. so they become tripple chocolate cookies! - 11 Dec 2010