- 4 eggs
- 475ml milk
- 250g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well blended. Whisk in the flour gradually until frothy and well blended. Set aside.
- Distribute the oil equally among a 12 cup Yorkshire pudding or muffin tin, a little over a teaspoon per cup. Place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until smoking. Remove from the oven and quickly ladle about 4 tablespoons of batter into each cup.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve immediately. I turn my oven off and leave the door partially open with the Yorkies inside to keep them from deflating while waiting for everyone to ask for seconds.
These came out perfectly! First time I've ever made perfect yorkies! They came out so big hubbie said they needed their own postcode lol - 07 Aug 2011
tried this recipe with self raising flour, works like a charm when you get the heat of oven and oil right. also works in a sandwich tin to make a jumbo yorkshire with approx 1,5 cup of batter! leftover batter can be made into pancakes - 20 Apr 2011
I took the advice of another reviewer and used half the amount of flour, and they came out perfect cooked for about half hour , perfect aunt bessies will darkening my door no more hehe - 04 Jun 2013