Christmas mini muffins
2 people made this
About this recipe:
Delicious festive muffins to suit all tastes! Perfect served warm to family or guests at Christmas.
200g (7 oz) self-raising flour, sifted
100g (3 ½ oz) caster sugar
100ml (3 ½ fl oz) sunflower oil
75ml (2 ½ fl oz) milk
1 large egg
50g (2 oz) good quality milk/dark chocolate, chopped
1 heaped tablespoon good quality mincemeat
50g (2 oz) good quality white chocolate, chopped
50g (2 oz) fresh (or dried) cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C (Gas Mark 5) and put 24 mini baking cases inside a mini-muffin or bun tin.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl, then make a well in the centre. Whisk together the oil, milk and egg and slowly pour into the well, stirring gently. Divide this mixture between two bowls.
- In one bowl, add the chocolate and mincemeat. Add the white chocolate and cranberries to the other bowl. Stir both bowls gently.
- Divide the two mixtures among the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and serve warm.
So easy to make and very tasty.
I did a batch as the menu and then experimented with chopped dried apricits and almonds.
- 28 Feb 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate