1 / 1 Picture by:
Christmas Mini Muffins
- 200g (7 oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g (3 ½ oz) caster sugar
- 100ml (3 ½ fl oz) sunflower oil
- 75ml (2 ½ fl oz) milk
- 1 large egg
- 50g (2 oz) good quality milk/dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon good quality mincemeat
- 50g (2 oz) good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 50g (2 oz) fresh (or dried) cranberries
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 190C (Gas Mark 5) and put 24 mini baking cases inside a mini-muffin or bun tin.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl, then make a well in the centre. Whisk together the oil, milk and egg and slowly pour into the well, stirring gently. Divide this mixture between two bowls.
- In one bowl, add the chocolate and mincemeat. Add the white chocolate and cranberries to the other bowl. Stir both bowls gently.
- Divide the two mixtures among the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and serve warm.
So easy to make and very tasty. I did a batch as the menu and then experimented with chopped dried apricits and almonds. - 28 Feb 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!