Apple and Rhubarb Crumble
- 1 large eating apple, peeled , cored and sliced
- 4 stalks rhubarb, thickly sliced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- Crumble topping
- 100g flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 60g rolled oats
- 60g butter
- 30g chopped nuts
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6.
- Combine apple and rhubarb in an oven-proof dish; sprinkle over sugar.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, butter, oats and nuts. Blend until you have a nice, crumbly mixture.
- Spread over the top of apple/ruhbarb mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 mins or until top is golden and fruit mix is bubbly.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Used different ingredients. found a recipe for the crumble that didnt use oats. added water to the fruit before cooking to add a bit of moisture. - 06 Dec 2010
Always use fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon with the topping when using Apple and or rubarb. If you can find ,( grow my own ) forced rubarb it tends to be sweeter ,there fore less sugar is called for . Use brown unrefind sugars with the early fruit process .enjoy - 18 Mar 2012
Used different ingredients. strawberries instead of apple packet of readibrek apple and raspberry instead of rolled oats! - 08 May 2010