Pear and chocolate tart
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This is a scrumptious chocolate tart filled with frangipane and soft, juicy pears. I like it best served warm with a dollop of creme fraiche on the side. Enjoy!
300g sweet shortcrust pastry
125g ground almonds
125g softened butter
95g caster sugar
185g dark chocolate, melted
3 firm but ripe pears, peeled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Line a 24cm flan/tart dish with the shortcrust pastry. Prick with a fork then place in the freezer for 20 minutes to stop the pastry rising during baking.
- Bake the pastry shell for ten minutes then set to one side.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170 C / Gas 3.
- In a separate bowl, make the frangipane filling: Mix ground almonds, eggs, softened butter and caster sugar together until well blended. Pour in the warm melted chocolate; stir until colour is even.
- Pour the chocolate frangipane filling into the pastry case; arrange the pears on the chocolate filling pushing them into the mixture.
- Bake the tart for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the pastry is golden and the mixture is firm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate