1 / 1
13 people made this
About this recipe:
Cheese pudding is a great dish when eaten hot or cold with salad, delicious.
6-8 slices of white bread, crusts removed
3 rashers of back bacon, chopped
1 small onion chopped
225g (8 oz) shredded English Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons butter
300ml (½ pint) milk
1 tablespoon strong mustard
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon nutmeg,
1 splash sherry (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (Gas Mark 4). Grease a 25cm (10 inch) pie dish.
- Fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat, adding the onion once some of the bacon fat has rendered. Cook and stir until onion is tender and bacon is browned.
- Spread butter and mustard onto each slice of bread.
- Lay some bread slices over base and sides of dish.
- Lay some of bacon and onion mix over top and sprinkle some of the cheese. Continue with another layer of bread and bacon, finishing with top layer of bread.
- Beat egg and milk and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate