The Best Ever Courgette and Walnut Bread
1 / 2
2 / 2
9 people made this
About this recipe:
This was a recipe that was given to me by my grandmother. It is a favourite amongst my family and friends.
400g caster sugar
225ml vegetable oil
425g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150g grated courgette
200g sultanas (optional)
125g chopped walnuts (optional)
Extra time:1hr ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ gas mark 4. Lightly grease and flour a loaf tin.
- Cream together eggs, sugar and oil.
- In seperate bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Add vanilla, grated courgette, nuts and sultanas.
- Pour into loaf tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes.co.uk staff, to conform to measures and ingredients that are familiar to UK and Irish cooks.
This is a really tasty cake. I ended up making to cakes from these ingredients, using two 2lb loaf tins
- 21 May 2013
Took longer to cook, about 1h 40 but is very tasty. Will definitely be making this again!
- 23 Aug 2009
Write a review
Click on stars to rate