- 1 large packet of cubed braising steak from your supermarket
- New Potatoes
- 5 heaped teaspoons OXO gravy granules (with screw top)
- 1 OXO Beef cube
- dumpling mix
Prep:15min › Cook:5hr › Ready in:5hr15min
- Use a casserole pot with a lid or a slow cooker.
- If using a casserole pot, pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C/gas mark 6 and put meat into pot.
- Get a measuring jug and put 5 heaped teaspoons of OXO gravy granules and 1 oxo beef cube (crumbled) into jug. Add boiling water to the jug to around 2 pints. Stir the mixture!!
- Pour mixture over your meat and cook for 1 hour on high heat and then turn down to 160 degrees C/gas mark 4.
- After 3 hours of cooking, boil your new potatoes and add to the casserole once cooked. Once the potatoes (and other veg) are added, your food will be ready in 1 hour!
- 20 mins before you are going to serve you can add dumplings to the top. (For dumpling mix, just add water).
- If you are using a slow cooker, put potatoes and meat in cooker, (potatoes on the bottom) and add the mixture. Cook on low all day if you are at work, or high for 2 hours and medium for a further 3-4 if you are able to change the temp.
Tried this yesterday as I have just bought a slow cooker - Very disappointed, it was extremely watery and didn't have enough taste - I even added an extra 2 tablespoons worth of gravy granules and it didn't make much difference - 24 Feb 2012