1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 large pheasant plucked and prepared
- 30g (1oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 300ml (1/2 pint) beef stock
- 20 seedless green grapes(skinned)
- 90g (3 oz) cream cheese(I use philadelphia)
- 250ml (8 fl oz) good brandy
- 150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Cut the grapes in half and mix with the cream cheese. Stuff the pheasant with this mixture
- Take a heavy pan and fry the pheasant off in the butter, making sure it is sealed all over. Put pheasant in a large casserole without lid and cook at 180 C / Gas 4 for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and pour over brandy. Cover with lid or foil and return to oven for 1 hour or until done.
- When cooked take out of oven and allow to rest for 10-15minutes but keep covered.
- Gently melt 1oz butter add flour, stock and remainder of brandy and any juices left in casserole when sauce thickens remove from heat and gently stir in double cream and seasoning if required.carve meat from bird take out stuffing and serve with sauce and veg of choice. Royal and rich -- love it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!