Baked mushrooms with tarragon and Taleggio
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Large mushrooms baked with tarragon butter and Taleggio. This is a delicious yet easy dinner party starter when served with good, crusty bread. Your guests will love it!
small bunch (10g) fresh tarragon, chopped
75g butter (room temperature)
8 large flat or Portabello mushrooms
freshly ground pepper, to taste
200g Taleggio cheese (sliced, rind removed)
- In a bowl, mix in the tarragon to the butter with a fork.
- Place the mushrooms onto a baking tray lined with foil and divide the butter between the mushrooms, so that it sits in the open cups.
- Grind some black pepper onto the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 C / gas mark 6, and baste the mushrooms halfway through with any escaped butter.
- After 15 minutes placed the sliced Taleggio onto the mushrooms and bake for another 10-15 minutes until starting to brown.
- Serve with bread for mopping up the juices.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate