Quick and Easy Custard
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 450ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Combine cornflour and sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Microwave on High until thickened and boiling, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Gradually beat half the hot cornflour mixture into the eggs, then stir eggs back into remaining cornflour mixture.
- Microwave on High until thickened and heated through, about 1 to 3 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
Realised AFTER cooking the strudel that we had no custard! Quickly found this recipe - definitely quick n easy and tasted great. Had thumbs up from 8 year old through to 40 somethings - all had double helpings. Would recommend as a great standby, thank you for saving the evening! - 09 Dec 2011