Polenta Porridge with Crème Fraîche and Blackberry Jam
Serves : 6
- 700ml milk
- 700ml water
- 180g polenta
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g crème fraîche (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (optional)
- 125g blackberry jam
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- In a medium pan over high heat, bring milk and water to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Stirring constantly, pour in polenta in a thin, steady stream, breaking up any lumps that form. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar and salt. Simmer, stirring often, until polenta is soft and creamy, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Ladle polenta into bowls, and top with about 1 tablespoon of jam and a dollop of sweetened crème fraîche.
For the crème fraîche...
Try sweetening it with a tablespoon of honey or, if you prefer, don't sweeten it at all!
I have never tried sweet polenta before, this was my first time and it was fantastic! thanks for the recipe - 19 Apr 2009