Delmonte's macaroni cheese and ham supper
1 person made this
About this recipe:
Works well with pasta instead of macaroni - you decide.
150g (5 oz) macaroni
75g (3 oz) sliced onions
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons plain flour
300ml (half pint) milk
1 tablespoon tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste
100g (4 oz) cooked ham, chopped
100g (4 oz) cheese grated
2 tomatoes sliced
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Cook macaroni as directed on pack.
- In a medium pot, slowly fry onions in half of the butter until tender, then add drained macaroni. Set aside.
- Place remaining butter, flour and milk in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat, whisking continuously until sauce thickens. Stir in tomato puree and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the ham to the macaroni together with the sauce and half of the grated cheese. Mix well and turn it into a shallow pie dish.
- Lastly, arrange sliced tomatoes over the top of the macaroni and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes in centre of oven, until cheese is golden and crispy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate