1 / 1 Picture by:
- 150g (5 oz) macaroni
- 75g (3 oz) sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300ml (half pint) milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100g (4 oz) cooked ham, chopped
- 100g (4 oz) cheese grated
- 2 tomatoes sliced
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Cook macaroni as directed on pack.
- In a medium pot, slowly fry onions in half of the butter until tender, then add drained macaroni. Set aside.
- Place remaining butter, flour and milk in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat, whisking continuously until sauce thickens. Stir in tomato puree and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the ham to the macaroni together with the sauce and half of the grated cheese. Mix well and turn it into a shallow pie dish.
- Lastly, arrange sliced tomatoes over the top of the macaroni and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes in centre of oven, until cheese is golden and crispy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!