10 people made this
About this recipe:
A super delicious sweet alcoholic dessert. Made with sherry, jelly, swiss rolls, fruit, custard and whipped cream. A wonderful treat that everyone is bound to love.
1 jam swiss roll (cut into slices)
1 packet of strawberry jelly
400ml dry sherry (or as needed)
1 tin of fruit cocktail (drained)
225ml prepared Birds custard
250ml whipping cream, whipped
fresh berries (optional) for decorating
Extra time:5hr chilling ›
- Lay the swiss roll slices on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Spoon the fruit cocktail on top of the swiss roll slices.
- In a separate bowl make the jelly according to the instructions given, except replace the of cold water with the dry sherry.
- Pour the sherry jelly mixture into the trifle bowl, on top of the fruit and the swiss roll. Then leave it to set.
- Once the jelly has set, pour the custard into the trifle bowl to make another layer of the Sherry Trifle. Leave it in the fridge till the custard sets.
- Finally top with whipped cream and decorate as you like with the berries.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate