2 people made this
About this recipe:
Nice, tasty valentine biscuits that don't require cooking. You will need one small and one very small heart shaped cutter.
50g (2oz) icing sugar
50g (2oz) caster sugar
100g (4oz) ground almonds
100g (4oz) full fat sweetened condensed milk
red food dye
Extra time:8hr drying ›
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and ground almonds and stir them all together.
- Make a hollow in the middle and add the condensed milk. Mix it well until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Put half of the mixture in another bowl. Add two drops of red food dye. Mix it in really well using your fingers.
- Wrap both pieces of mixture in cling film. Put them in fridge for 20 minutes - this makes them easier to roll out.
- Sprinkle a little icing sugar onto a clean work surface. Roll out the pink piece, until it is about as thick as your little finger. Do the same with the dough that has no colour added.
- Use the larger cutter to cut out heart shapes. Cut them close together. Make the scraps into a ball and roll it out again.
- Cut out more hearts. Then, use the smaller cutter to cut out hearts from the middles of the big hearts. Place a small plain heart on a large pink heart and vice versa.
- Put the hearts on baking trays. Leave them to dry and harden overnight. Store in an airtight box.
This is a nice gluten free treat for St. Valentine's Day. Thank you for the recipe.
- 13 Feb 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate