Chicken and Leek Pie
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 750ml milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 15g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 (500g) block puff pastry, thawed if frozen
Prep:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan until hot. Cook chicken until brown all over. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Saute leeks until tender. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Stir in the flour to create a smooth paste. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken and leeks to the pot. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 23cm x 30cm or similar size tin with puff pastry. Fill with chicken and leek mixture and cover with a layer of puff pastry. (At this stage, you can brush the top with egg, if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 200 C / Gas 6 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden.
I take it you add the chicken stock cube to the milk????? - 09 Dec 2012
I only put puff pastry on the top of the pie!In the past when i've made pies and put pastry on the bottom,i find that pastry goes a bit soggy and i'm not keen on that!I left out the wine too,and after tasting the pie i don't think it needed it anyway! - 31 Jul 2011
I made this for my husband and our friends,it was delicious!I don't think that it needs anything else added as it's tasty just as it is! - 31 Jul 2011