Mini Pecan Tarts
- 175g cream cheese
- 225g butter, softened
- 250g plain flour
- 50g butter, softened
- 325g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g chopped pecans
Prep:30min › Cook:25min › Extra time:20min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3.
- Grease 30 mini tart tins or muffin cups and set aside.
- To make the pastry: In a medium mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 225g butter until light and fluffy. Blend in flour gradually, forming a smooth dough. Roll into 30 equal balls and press one into each greased tin so it lines the bottom and sides, like a pastry case.
- To make filling: In a medium mixing bowl cream together 50g butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecans. Fill each lined tin half full. Mixture will rise as it bakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool in tins, then use the end of a table knife to turn each tart out of its tin.
Fabulous naughty little things. I made these for a birthday picnic and they were easy to transport as they didn't break. A can of squirty cream added the final touch. I ended up with too much filling so made a large tart the next day and that was gorgeous. - 07 Sep 2009
These are delicious and so easy! I just used shop bought short crust pastry as I didn't fancy cheese pastry and the results were brilliant.. I had loads of the filling left over after making 24 tarts so will be buying or making more pastry as it's too good to waste!!! - 31 Dec 2011