Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino (Garlic, Olive Oil and Chilli Spaghetti)
- 200g spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve two tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- In a frying pan over low heat, saute the garlic in the olive oil until golden but not browned. Add the chillies and the reserved cooking liquid. Add the spaghetti and season with the chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Toss so that the spaghetti is coated in the olive oil mixture and everything is well combined. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, if desired.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes staff to conform to measurements and directions familiar to British and Irish cooks.
Love love love this recipe. Made it loads of times since I found it on here having eaten it in Italy. The addition of the pasta water to the oil based sauce is important to the consistency. I add loads of black pepper and use dried chilli flakes and fine herbs usually and I sprinkle it with parmesan. Lovely and very easy! - 13 May 2012
This has always been one of my fave pasta dishes. I prefer to cook whole flattened garlic cloves and remove them when golden. I also add a splash of white wine instead of the pasta liquid and then finish with the best oil you can afford before serving, Delizioso! 200g spaghetti is a bit stingy for 2 people I find, I use about 150g per person. - 13 Jun 2012
wonderfully quick and tasty supper dish that can be whipped up in a flash! perfect for during the week. - 03 Jan 2010