1 / 1 Picture by: brandyd
Boxing Day Turkey and Mushroom Pie
- 1 knob butter
- 325g mushrooms, chopped
- 275g leftover roast turkey, chopped or shredded
- 450ml turkey gravy
- 1 sheet shop-bought pastry
Prep:15min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large pan, saute the mushrooms in the butter over medium high heat. Once they've lost some liquid, add the turkey and gravy. Pour into a pie dish. Cover with pastry. Pinch the pastry around the edge of the pie dish, and cut slits in the top to release steam.
- Place pie on a baking tray to prevent the gravy from overflowing onto the bottom of your oven. Cook in centre of oven until pastry is golden brown, approximately 45 minutes.
No leftover gravy?
You can use stock instead of gravy. Bring 450ml stock to the boil. Add 2 tablespoons cornflour to 4 tablespoons cold water, and blend until smooth; whisk into stock to thicken.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!