1 / 1 Picture by:
Breaded Chicken and Rice
Serves: 2 - 3
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 eggs
- 190g white rice
- 20 baby sweetcorn
- 115g plain breadcrumbs
- 60g grated Parmesan cheese
- 125g plain flour
- 2 lemons, juiced, divided
- 225g butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper, divided
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1/2 glass white wine
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Slice each chicken breast into six equal sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium sized bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat 2 tablespoons lemon juice with eggs. .
- In a third bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Brown each chicken piece and transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add remaining lemon juice, garlic, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, chicken stock and white wine. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the chicken. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 150 C / Gas 2 for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes at 170 C / Gas 3.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to packet's instructions. Boil baby sweetcorn and serve alongside chicken.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!