Breaded Chicken and Rice
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This dish is a meal in one. Breaded chicken cubes are served with rice, baby sweetcorn and drizzled with a white wine, lemon and butter sauce.
Serves: 2 - 3
3 skinless chicken breast fillets
190g white rice
20 baby sweetcorn
115g plain breadcrumbs
60g grated Parmesan cheese
125g plain flour
2 lemons, juiced, divided
1 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper, divided
250ml chicken stock
1/2 glass white wine
- Slice each chicken breast into six equal sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium sized bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat 2 tablespoons lemon juice with eggs. .
- In a third bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Brown each chicken piece and transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add remaining lemon juice, garlic, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, chicken stock and white wine. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the chicken. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 150 C / Gas 2 for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes at 170 C / Gas 3.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to packet's instructions. Boil baby sweetcorn and serve alongside chicken.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate