Smoked haddock bake
This is a wonderful fish dish to enjoy any day of the week. Smoked haddock is topped with a tomato sauce and cheesy breadcrumbs, before being baked to perfection. Enjoy with potatoes, rice or pasta.
20 people made this
450g smoked haddock
1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, drained
3 slices stale bread
1/2 large onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
115g grated Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
150ml fish stock
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Process bread and cheese in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan. Saute onions until golden. Add garlic and fry over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Pour in tomatoes and bring to the boil. Stir in fish stock.
- Place haddock into a baking dish. Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheesy breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then grill until golden brown and crisp on top.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (5)
This is a vv.tasty meal. Away to make this again to get away from the usual bird recipes
27 Dec 2011
lovely easy tasty meal..had no fish stock, so used half water, half white wine...own dishes would make serving up simpler
11 Apr 2015
Very enjoyable will be making again soon
02 Feb 2018
User's IP: 126.96.36.199