Banana & Raisin Loaf
- 110g (4 oz) butter
- 110g (4 oz) sugar (can add some dark)
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 bananas (could leave one for end so less mashed)
- 225g (8 oz) SR Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 140g (5 oz) raisins
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Mash 2 or 3 of the bananas and chop up one banana, add to the butter and egg mixture and stir to mix.
- Sift and fold in the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and raisins.
- Bake in a greased and lined loaf tin for 45 minutes at 180 C / Gas 4.
;One thing, the recipe did not state what size loaf tin to cook it in. I used a 1 pound tin and it came out over the sides. I believe that a 2lb loaf tin would have been more suitable. Any guidance appreciated. - 29 Jul 2012
used 3 bananas all mashed and cooked for 1hr 10mins at 170 in my fan assisted oven - it was absolutely delicious and will stay in my favourites - 26 Aug 2012
I froze this cake and passed it to my son and daughter-in-law. He said this was just about the best cake he'd tasted in years - it was outstanding. It was light and moist, especially so considering it had been frozen. Just a tasty bit of cake. Ditto for me. - 19 Sep 2011