1 / 1 Picture by: Andrew Ogden
True Lancashire Hot Pot
- 6 rashers bacon
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500g diced cooked lamb meat
- 500ml beef gravy
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr20min
- Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside. Place potatoes in a saucepan with one inch of water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, and cook until tender but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Cover the bottom of a 1.5L casserole with 1/5 of the gravy. Layer half of the meat over the gravy, then sprinkle half of the diced bacon. Arrange 1/2 of the sliced onion over the meat, and then half of the potatoes. Repeat layers, and pour remaining gravy over the top.
- Bake, covered, for one hour in the preheated oven. Remove lid, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!