Double Chocolate Tart
1 person made this
About this recipe:
This delicious tart that will satiate any chocolate craving. A dark chocolate pastry case is filled with a white chocolate and cream cheese filling, then garnished with strawberries.
For the Pastry
175g plain flour
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
50g caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g unsalted butter, cubed
1 large egg yolk
1-2 tablespoons ice water
For the Filling
100g white chocolate, melted and cooled
250g cream cheese, softened
250g mascarpone cheese
1/2 orange, zest grated and juiced
100ml double cream
500g strawberries, hulled and chopped
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a 23cm tart tin with loose bottom.
- In a food processor, blitz together flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Add butter and pulse until a crumbly mass is formed.
- Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon ice water. Blitz until the mixture clumps up. If the dough is still too dry, add the remaining ice water.
- Transfer dough onto a flour surface and press together to form a ball of dough. Pat the dough into and up the sides of the prepared tin. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, beat together white chocolate, cream cheese, mascarpone, orange juice and orange zest until smooth. Gradually stir in double cream. Chill until needed.
- Bake pastry case in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Pour filling into the pastry case and arrange strawberries on top. Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate