Simple Baked Rice Pudding
- 50g pudding rice
- 25g caster sugar
- 600ml milk
- 1 dessertspoon mixed spice
Prep:5min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Butter an ovenproof dish.
- Add rice and sugar together and place in dish. Add milk. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes give a good stir and add mixed spice.
- Return to oven for final 30 minutes (or until desired consistency is achieved).
I thought that a dessertspoon of spice was way to much, (remember my granny making this and not using anywhere near that amount)so I made it using a teaspoon full which I think was more than enough. I made this whilst I was baking potatoes thus making good use of the oven and saving fuel. - 06 Aug 2011
I'm really sorry but I tried this recipe last night and it was terrible. I think there was far too much mixed spice in there, so next time I shall just be adding a teaspoon instead of a dessertspoon of spice. - 08 Feb 2011
First time I've made rice pudding in a long time, so thought I'd get a recipe as guidance. I thought the ratio of rice - milk was a bit odd, and I just used 400ml of milk and thought that still seemed too much compared to the tiny amount of rice. Mine also took closer to 2 hours to cook - 14 Nov 2011