Pancakes for Pancake Tuesday
- 250 g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 500 ml milk
- Knob of butter for frying
- Caster sugar (for sprinkling)
- Fresh lemon (for squeezing)
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and then add to flour.
- Pour in half of the milk and whisk briskly.
- Add the remaining milk and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Heat an 8 inch pan over a low heat. Add a small knob of butter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Use a ladel to spoon the pancake batter into the pan, then tilt the pan to spread the mixture out evenly.
- As it sets, shake the pan to see if the pancake is loose, then flip it over with a palette knife. Cook the other side for 30 seconds -then shake again to see if it's loose.
- Slide onto a warm plate, sprinkle over some sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice - then eat immediately!
- Cook the rest of the pancakes, one at a time but remember to melt a small knob of butter before adding the batter.
i have always made pancakes but thisis the best I've made Thankyou - 28 Mar 2013
Something else. Add a splash of rum - or any liqueur you find in the back of the cupboard. - 16 Feb 2010
simple and tasty - 24 Mar 2013