Easy Steamed Pudding
- 115g (4oz) butter
- 115g (4oz) caster or soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 170g (6oz) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
Prep:25min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr55min
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and almost white.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing vigorously.
- Seive the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the mixture as lightly as possible, keeping to a dropping consistency by adding a little milk.
- Place in a greased 2 pint (1.2 litre) pudding bowl, and cover with greaseproof paper and secure with string.
- Place basin in a large pot or in a steamer insert of a stock pot, and fill with water until 2/3's of the pudding bowl is covered with water.
- Cover pot and steam the pudding for 1 - 1 1/2 hours - checking every so often to see if water needs topped up.
- Remove from pot, take off paper and run a spatula around the edge of the bowl to release the pudding.
- Serve with custard.
Something else. i put golden syrup in the base of the bowl, and added sultanas to the mixure. yum yum - 18 Nov 2010
great receipt, very tasty and simle to make. no excuse to mess this up. and i'm a man - 18 Nov 2010
I found that it didn't cook the pudding through by the time given so I finished cooking the pudding in the microwave. - 06 Oct 2008