Baked Pesto Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 to 8 tablespoons shop bought pesto
- 150 to 200g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking dish with parchment or foil.
- Take the chicken breasts and smother them in the pesto on all sides. Use 4 to 8 spoonfuls of pesto, depending on your taste. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, quickly take the chicken breasts out of the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella, then with chopped tomato. Place the chicken back in the oven and cook a further 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is done and no longer pink, and the cheese is melted.
made this without the mozzerella n tomato topping. just put some little tomatos on the vine in with it. looks fancy but v easy fantastic. i impressed my guests ! - 30 Nov 2009
Quick and easy recipe. I used home made wild "garlic and cashew" pesto and served with oven baked maris piper potatoes, mild garlic mushrooms and side salad. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for next time. - 07 May 2012
Tried this dish. Very tasty and easy to make. - 11 Jul 2009