Gluten-Free Bread for Bread Machines
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 60ml olive oil
- 60ml honey
- 350ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 5 tablespoons cornflour
- 8 tablespoons potato flour
- 8 tablespoons soy flour
- 320g white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon dried active baking yeast
Prep:5min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:1hr55min › Ready in:3hr
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the sweet dough cycle. Five minutes into the cycle, check the consistency of the dough. Add additional rice flour or liquid if necessary.
- When bread is finished, let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Almost like 'real' bread!! A bit fiddley at the start but well worth it! - 27 Aug 2011
- 05 Sep 2010
I went for this recipe because people had rated it five stars, but I'm afraid it didn't work for me. I found it too heavy, too eggy, too sweet - too much of everything really, which meant it ended up tasting more like cake than bread. - 15 Mar 2013