Slow cooker beef stroganoff
- 600g stewing steak chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (not a cheap brand)
- 200ml milk
- 100-200g closed cup mushrooms sliced thickly
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 150g garlic & herb cream cheese
- 5 portions fusilli or taglietelle pasta (size & type depending on appetite!)
- 60 ml soured cream (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:6hr › Ready in:6hr10min
- Add steak, onions, mushrooms, mushroom soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce to slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. You do not need to add extra liquid for the condensed soup, this is what the milk is for.
- An hour before finish, add the cream cheese and stir well to disolve.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions when stroganoff is done.
- Serve stroganoff over pasta with sour cream on top.
i tried this recipe today but the milk curdled what did i do wrong? - 05 Oct 2011
Deliciousl! Will deff be making again! Used 200ml of white wine instead of the milk and used Boursin garlic and herb cheese (in 150g roll so no need to weigh out either!) and it was really tasty. Will try it with chicken next time though as it will make a perfect chicken in white wine & mushroom! Served with rice, nom nom nom! - 22 Dec 2010
This was very easy to do and I loved it! I changed the milk for the same quantity of white wine, used Boursin instead of chream cheese and served the dish with basmati rice - delicious. It would easily take more mushrooms, I used the full 200g recommended but could have added a further 100g and it would have been even better. Thanks for the tips Jellybean13! - 17 Nov 2011